March 18, 2020 – Our commitment to the health and wellbeing of the public and our staff is paramount as we continue to address the impacts of Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have implemented a number of precautions while we closely monitor guidance from the federal and provincial governments, our local health unit, and in concert with our municipal partners.
Effective immediately, the Kawartha Conservation Administrative Office at 277 Kenrei Road in Lindsay, will be closed to the public to help protect our community.
Essential services are operating as normal; our Flood Forecasting and Warning program continues to help keep people and property safe from flooding. Other services are continuing, with work largely being conducted remotely and the best way to contact us is by phone and email. These services include planning, permitting, and Drinking Water Source Protection programs. We encourage digital submissions of applications.
Our conservation areas remain open to the public. Ken Reid Conservation Area and the off-leash dog park, Windy Ridge and Durham East Cross Conservation areas have year-round access, while our other conservation areas have seasonal closures due to access.
As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020 our services remain uninterrupted; however, we will be operating in the following modified ways to ensure everyone’s health and safety:
- The Administrative Office at 277 Kenrei Road will be closed to the public effective immediately.
- Some of our staff will be working remotely and will be available primarily by email.
- A Regulations Officer and Flood Duty Officer will be on duty and can be reached through our office by phone and email.
- We are best reached via telephone or email;
- Permit submission can be submitted electronically. Please call or email us for more information about how to submit a permit online.
- All non-essential meetings and events are cancelled.
- All education programs are postponed at this time.
We are committed to keeping communications open to our watershed residents. Please check back here for updates. Please contact us if you have any questions.