Friends of Kawartha Conservation
Howlers Corners off-leash dog park
Located within a beautiful natural setting, Howlers Corners is easily accessible from the main parking lot in Ken Reid Conservation Area. For a map to the parking lot, click here.
Howlers Corners is open every day from 7 am to 9 pm (8 am to 6 pm from November to April).
You will need to bring your own water, and remember to bring baggies and pick up after their dogs. Baggies will be available if you forget.
All of the rules of the run are posted at the park, and enforcement staff will be on site periodically to ensure visitors are following them.
Rules of the Run
To maximize everyone’s enjoyment of Howlers Corners, please respect the following rules while in the off-leash area:
- Dogs must be at least 4 months old and have up-to-date vaccinations
- Dogs must wear a current license tag
- Dogs identified under the Ontario Dog Owners Liability Act are not allowed
- Keep dogs leashed when entering and exiting the park
- Keep your dog under control and within sight
- There is a maximum of two dogs per person
- Dogs must be neutered or spayed
- Restrain aggressive dogs immediately; dogs involved in a fight must leave the off-leash area
- Promptly clean up after your dog by picking up and disposing of waste in the disposal bin
- People food is prohibited
- Use of the off-leash park is at your own risk
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Hours of operation are from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. from May to October, and 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from November to April.
A blues tune and video donated by Bruce Flemons!
More things to check out