Programs & Services
Kawartha Conservation provides environmental management for its watershed municipalities through a wide range of services:
- Planning and Regulations (Environmental Advisory Services) - provided on a user fee basis to landowners wishing to undertake alterations to their property. We provide this service for our municipal partners, and comment from an environmental perspective.
- Stewardship - ensuring the responsible care of our natural resources and wildlife on a watershed basis through programs and services such as shoreline naturalization and the management of conservation areas.
- Monitoring - flood forecasting and low water level monitoring, studies of surface and groundwater water quality and quantity, terrestrial studies and more.
- Environmental Management Plans - detailed field inventories of specific subwatersheds, rivers or lakes to identify natural features, factors affecting their health, and an Action Plans to address problems.
- Drinking Water Source Protection - the development of plans that help protect municipal drinking water sources and assistance for landowners on projects that also help protect these sources.