Kawartha Conservation actively seeks to provide educational opportunities for youth within our watershed. Although we do not run a formal program, Kawartha Conservation offers:
- Field trips to conservation areas
- Volunteer opportunities at both conservation and demonstration sites
- Guided tours of shoreline naturalization demonstration sites;
- Planting opportunities for school children at demonstration sites;
- In-class visits from experts in GIS, shoreline naturalization, benthics
- In-kind support to the Haliburton-Muskoka-Kawartha Children's Water Festival (a partnership of several organizations)
Haliburton-Muskoka-Kawartha Children's Water Festival
Children's water festivals are held in over a dozen locations in Ontario. Through a fun, interactive and educational experience, children learn the value of our water resources.
The Haliburton-Muskoka-Kawartha Children's Water Festival is free to participants and is made possible through the generous support of many community and provincial organizations.
For information about the Festival visit: www.hmwaterfestival.ca